Monday, November 29, 2010

12 Sentence Story

It began at Ms. Peggy's, a house many memories would come from, a house that would become my second home, a house that will forever be a part of my childhood. The house was of no significance; the events tell it all. The regular children Ms. Peggy babysat were there, along with the newer ones, Colten and Chandler. We hid anywhere and everywhere for hide-and-seek: behind the storage building, in the house, or across the street. Me and Colten waited and waited to be found. Suddenly. I didn't know what to do or what to say or what was happening. We had been found, but we still were not it. My hand Colten was now holding. Had my heart ever beaten so fast? We screamed and ran and jumped and finally made it to the safety of the game with our hands still together. The memory that will stay with me forever, a childish happiness I will never forget--the day I held hands with my biggest childhood crush.

1 comment: