Sunday, March 13, 2011

3rd Quarter Reading

I read 3 books, the equilvalent of 6 books.


  • The Pact by Jodi Picoult-416 pages

  • Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury-148 pages (classic)

  • The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult-385 pages


I really enjoyed reading Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury because it challenged me more than the other books I read this nine weeks. Guy Montag, the main character, is a fireman. Not the kind of fireman we have today, but a fireman that starts fires in order to keeps books out of the possession of regular people. When one lady is so attached to her books she chooses to burn with them, Montag becomes interested in why these books are so important. He begins secretly collecting and reading books but eventually gets caught by the head fireman. Now, Montag must choose between living in the dark like everyone else or rebelling in order to find out what's being hidden. Fahrenheit 451 used imagery very often to describe different events in the book and also different words that forced me to stretch my vocabulary. Also, the storyline centered around censorship, a characteristic of some Utopias.

1 comment:

  1. I always like utopian novels. I'm glad you enjoyed this one!

    ReplyDelete