Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Persuasion

Persuasion is a part of my everyday life. I try persuading friends, family, teachers, and many others. In my mind, persuasion works a very small amount of time. That could be because I'm not very good at it.

In my life, I try persuading my parents more than anything. Anytime I want to hang out with friends I come up with a reasonable excuse to be able to go, and more times than not, I get to do what I choose. Other times, however, if I already had plans with my family, my persuasion technique does not work very well for me. I also try persuading my friends. If we're hanging out that weekend I sometimes try to persuade them to agree with what activities I'm wanting to do. Depending on what my choice is, sometimes they agree and other times not. Altough I do not try using the persuasion technique on many of my teachers, I observe it being used in different classes each day. The most famous persuasion is trying to persuade a teacher to let you turn your homework in late, and the next one might be postponing a test. Whichever way it's used, in my opinion, the more you try to use persuasion the more selfish you are being.

Persuasion is also a main part of commercial ads in media. The commercials for orphans from another country are the most emotional for some, which is a very clever type of persuasion to use. Other commercials may say they have the best product of something and you should stop using a different kind and switch to theirs.

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha... i always persuade myy parents to let me do stuff tooo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I didnt know that you were a little tricky.

    ReplyDelete